Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shattered dreams

There comes a time when you have to make a decision.  As hard as it is....

We have been treading water, clinging to the destroyed remains of a dream.   We have been fighting to keep the pieces together for over a year.  They have drifted further and further apart and have started sinking beneath the waves.  We have to choose between drowning or striking out for an unseen shore.  Apparently, the Coast Guard is busy trying to rescue others.  If we wait our turn they will find only sunken dreams and bloated corpses drifting with the waves. It is terrifying to let go and swim away from the wreckage but...let go we must.

Things are about to change.  For the better?  For the worse?  One way or the other things will work out in the end.  It always does.  Tom and I are like rubber balls.  The harder we are thrown the higher we bounce. 

I will be incommunicado while we make some changes...

I don't know how long it will take.  We have to close the shop.  I have some work that I have to finish.  I will operate at a diminished capacity while I do it.

Unfortunately, we have to start over, again.  This broken dream has left us with nothing.  No money. No credit.  Thankfully, Tom is employed and we have each other and our wits.  That's all we need.

The journey begins now... 

3 comments:

  1. Leah- I know what you are going through has to be difficult...and I'm sorry to hear. I had to lay off people in my business in 2007 and close the doors in the beginning of 2008 and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. But you have a great attitude moving forward--I love it how you put it--"...like rubber balls...The harder we are thrown the higher we bounce."

    ((HUGS)) and Blessings to you!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn. It will be difficult but we will survive this mess too. Starting over is always hard. This isn't the first time we have had to make ourselves over. We have a good track record so we won't be out of the loop for long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to read this. The current economy has not been kind to so many and it has saddened me to see the hardships people are suffering because of it and not because of their own doing. One day, this will only be a memory and you will be stronger for it. I wish you the very best of everything.

    ReplyDelete